Engineering Team Lead
Start of work: as soon as possible
Duration: long-term contract
Schedule: European hours
About the company and the project: Our company is a business in a box solution for beauty and wellness beauty professionals. It empowers beauty professionals with all the resources needed like space, digital storefront, wholesale purchases, payments, insurance, etc to set up and operate their independent brand and business in less than 30 mins. Our company is backed by marquee VC funds such as K50 Ventures, Sandwith Ventures, AR Fund Investments, Inventus Capital Partners or SVQuad and industry leaders including Ilia Papas ( Blue Apron), Alexandra Wilkis Wilson (Gilt), Pat Parenty (L’Oreal) and Tom Lee (One Medical), Anjali Kumar (You Tube). Our company is based on the core belief that the future of beauty and wellness commerce will be much better if every beauty professional has access to the resources to operate with full autonomy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proven experience as a software developer as a full-stack engineer
- Prior experience in a team lead or similar leadership role
- Experience in React, Typescript, Python and Django
- Familiarity with databases (relational and/or NoSQL), data modeling, and SQL.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and how to consume them.
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git.
- Familiarity with modern development pipelines and CI/CD tools.
- Good understanding of software design patterns.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
You won’t be successful in this role if :
- Lack of accountability, planning, proactiveness to solve problems and move forward
- Lack of urgency and ownership to execute
- Lack of hands on approach
- Not being solutions focused and getting stuck for lack of resources etc.
- Not able to work in ambiguous situations and come out with a viable solution
What does success look like:
- Consistently developing scalable solutions aligned with our product roadmap
- Leading and growing an engineering team with a great culture
What needs to be done on the project:
- Lead end-to-end software development of new and existing applications
- Define and maintain the code architecture
- Responsible for leading Sprints and shipping products/ features
- Perform code reviews, contribute to backend development, and manage dev ops team
- Work with Product and CEO on Roadmap Planning, Sprint Planning and launching product deliverables
Who will be in the team: The Engineering Team Lead will be hands-on, full-stack technical lead managing a small yet productive team, focused on developing new features and products and grow the existing product suite. This person will report directly to the Founder & CEO.